MCB Instructor Training (600 Hours) This course is designed to prepare a licensed cosmetologist to teach all phases of the basic cosmetology curriculum in a licensed school. Applicants must have an active cosmetology license to enter this training program.
- Theoretical concepts
- Demonstrate practical clinical procedures by first assisting a licensed instructor in the classroom and then completing 130 hours of practice teaching in a classroom
- Student is taught employability skills and given a review of the cosmetology curriculum.
- Student is prepared for the state licensing exam for cosmetology instructors
- Pass the state practical and written exam prior to being issued a cosmetology instructor license
- Stand for most of their working hours
- Work with their hands giving practical demonstrations
- Not be allergic to the chemicals they use in their work
- Plan lessons, grade and counsel students
- Be able to communicate well and should get along with people
Employment opportunities for the licensed Instructor:
- Schools where they teach cosmetology, nail technology and esthetics
- Proprietary, vocational and technical schools
- Opportunities may be either full or part time
- Earnings increase with experience and vary from one region of the country to another